Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Trimming Dog Nails

Clipping my dog's nails has become a real battle. I have no idea what happened, in the past I was able to get her nails cut by distracting her with food, but that's not working anymore. She now bites - hard, whenever the clippers are out. The mere sight of the clippers turns her into a mean fighting machine! The dog groomer couldn't handle her either, she bit the groomer twice.

Determined not to let the 4 1/2 lb. weasel have her way, I put on a pair of ski gloves and held her paws firmly as I tried to trim those nails. Unable to bite me she resorted to screaming at the top of her lungs. By the sound of it you'd think her legs were being twisted inside out. I thought animal control would be at my door any minute.

My plan is to have short sessions in which I cut a couple of nails everyday and hopefully in time she will put up less of a struggle. It seems to be working, her screaming stopped, her resistance is fading. Maybe, just maybe one day she will sit still while her pedicure is being done. Anyone know of a place to buy ski gloves wholesale?

No comments: